I have Crohns and usually post on that forum, but you all have longer experience with Humira. Has anyone had an allergic reaction to Humira and been able to become desensitized to it so you can continue taking it? Let me explain. After 2 reactions to Remicade, my GI Dr. put me on Humira -- but he started me on just one pen (Crohns usually starts with 4).
Nine days later, I got a lovely case of hives and an allergist confirmed it was a drug reaction. The allergist and my GI are now looking to see if it is possible to desensitize me to Humira so I can continue taking it. Sounds similar to allergies to cats, where they give small doses over time to get your body used to it.
So my question is has anyone had allergic reaction to Humira and successfully completed a desensitization process so that they can now take it without flaming out?
I appreciate any insight you might have.