Enbrel Coverage from the Gov't

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

cestlavie
New Member


Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 8
   Posted 8/15/2009 1:32 PM (GMT -7)   
Here's a bit of an unbelievable situation....

Currently I have dual medical coverage. I have a plan through my employer which covers 85% of the cost of Enbrel, and then the remaining 15% carries over to my husband's plan. I have just lost my job due to medical reasons and as such I will no longer have my benefits. I have contacted my husband's provider and they will now cover 85% but the remaining 15% is now up to me. Being unemployed, this is not an option. Now the odd part...

In Canada, you can work with your doctor to apply for coverage from the government and they will pay for 100% of the cost of the medication. But if you have any type of medical coverage at all they will not help you out with a smaller portion! So it's all or nothing, which makes no sense to me. Wouldn't they rather pay a smaller amount vs. the whole cost? Apparently not. Now I find myself in a position where I'm going to have my husband remove me from his benefit plan simply so that I can get full coverage for Enbrel from the Government. It totally boggles my mind!

psAinCanada
Regular Member


Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 34
   Posted 8/16/2009 8:05 AM (GMT -7)   
What province are you in? It doesn't work that way in B.C. Let me know if you want more info on the situation here.
Healing well with psoriasis, PsA, and hypogonadism, and happy to share my experiences.
 


cestlavie
New Member


Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 8
   Posted 8/16/2009 6:30 PM (GMT -7)   
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Ontario.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, December 05, 2016 5:43 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,732,900 posts in 301,070 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 151224 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, teacher2many.
226 Guest(s), 8 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
don826, teacher2many, dacarte3, Sherrine, NevadaMike, fibrocushie, JaxCalvin, Traveler


Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook  Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter  Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest
Advertisement
Advertisement

©1996-2016 HealingWell.com LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer