1. The average red blood cell lives for 120 days
2. There are 2.5 trillion of red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain this number, about two and a half million new ones need to be produced every second by your bone marrow. (Thats some busy bone marrow)
3. A red blood cell can circumnavigate your body in under 20 seconds
4. Nerve Impulses travel at over 400 km/hr (25 mi/hr).
5. A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr (100 mi/hr), and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr (60 mi/hr).
6. Our heart beats around 100,00 times every day
7. Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey.
8. Our eyes can distinguish up to one million colour surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man. (Hubble head!)
9. Our lungs inhale over two million litres of air every day, without even thinking. (I dont even want to think about not thinking about doing that)
10. We give birth to 100 billion red cells every day (pushhhhhhhh pushhhhhhhhhh)
11. When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph. (zippity doo dah zippity eh)
12. We exercise at least 30 muscles when we smile (be happpy!)
13. We are about 70 percent water. (add some lemons for lemonaide!)
14. We make one litre of saliva a day.(spit happens)
15. In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.
16. There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth. (tiny critters everywhere)
17. The surface area of a human lung is equal to that of a tennis court. (tennis anyone?)
18. The human body has less muscles in it than a caterpillar. (who got paid to figure that out?)
19. If you could save all the times your eyes blink in one life time and use them all at once you would see blackness for 1.2 years!
20. The amount of carbon in the human body is enough to fill about 9,000 'lead' pencils. ( I wonder if thats a number 2 pencil)
thought that you might enjoy this
Registered Nurse Expert
I am a Registered Nurse Expert, who also is a chronic pain patient who well understands the world of living in pain. I have had 17 orthopedic surgeries and am still dealing with orthopedic and neurological complications. My background in nursing consists of Legal Nurse Consulting, chronic pain management, medical surgical nursing as well as intensive care. Ive worked with children with sever neurological injuries and diseases. Becoming a patient really opened my eyes to how people in pain suffer and are neglected by our society..