I have been on Lithium for over 2 1/2 years now. When I first started it made me a little sick, but it went away within a week or two. Other than that I have had 2 instances of toxicity, one from not drinking enough liquids, and the other due to another med I was taking. I have also learned that some brands make me sicker than others, I don't know why. Something about
the coating or something.
Other than that, I have not had any problems at all. But if she is concerned, she should talk to her pdoc about
it. They will be able to give her some answers. I do know that not all people who take Lithium can tolerate it. But you will find that out from the 1st few doses, trust me. Lithium tends to irritate the stomach when 1st starting, also she should have a small meal or snack before taking her meds.
Only by seeking challenges can we hope to find the best in ourselves.