Diseases & Conditions
Forums & Chat
Diseases & Conditions
> I'm back
Select A Location
****** Top of the Forum ******
==== General Information ====
Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules & Guidelines
==== Diseases & Conditions ====
Allergies & Asthma
Anxiety - Panic Disorders
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
GERD - Heartburn
Heart & Cardiovascular Disease
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Kidney Diseases & Disorders
Migraine - Headache
<< Previous Thread
Next Thread >>
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 67
Posted 1/23/2009 7:36 PM (GMT -6)
A few of you may or may not remember me but I joined healingwell.com last year. I was a junior in High School last year and when the school year ended I no longer had access to a computer. Things were getting better though and I was on medication again. I was seeing my in-home therapist and I was beginning to go out with my friends again. I was having such a good summer. I felt so good. I started dating the guy that is now my current boyfriend and I got back in contact with my godmother daughter. But I should've known... I should've known that there is no way things could continue to go well for me.
1. My mom kicked me out for the 10th time and this time she did it in front of my in-home therapist, how embarrassing. The police told me that since I was 18 she is legally allowed to kick me out.
2. I moved in with my god mothers daughter, her daughter's husband, and kids.
3. I enrolled into the high school where they live. I was hoping I could attend the same school as my boyfriend considering he lived like 5 minutes away from me but that wasn't the case. He went to a TechSchool and I started at LowerHigh.
4. My boyfriend and his mom began to fight. My boyfriend is also Bipolar and on medication. His mom is a drunk. She began to say rude and hurtful things about
me, to me, and around me. This mad my boyfriend angry. He never wanted me to meet that side of her.
5. I found out my god mother's daughter is addicted to pain killers. And within a week of living in her house I began to have to care for her two year old and five year old son more than she would.
6. I took a trip to the hospital because I had purposely hurt myself and didn't want it to get worse. I was medically cleared and sent home.
7. My boyfriend had multiple conversations with the local police because of his mother and he to had to take a trip to the hospital. He took a few, about
three within a two month period. Every time he was mentally cleared. He only went because his mom would get drunk and call the police saying she was afraid of him and that he was going to kill him self. I was always there, he never said such a thing.
8. I ran out of medication and my social worker couldn't get me more. I had to wait two weeks.
9. I began to get angrier and more depressed every day. I bottled everything inside. I began to feel like the bottle was going to burst
open. Two days before I was suppose to get my medication, I hurt myself. This time it was worse. I went to the hospital and had to go through the most painful experience in my life. Never again will I attempt suicide. My boyfriend stayed with me all day and night. But when we found out I was being sent to Carrier Hospital he had to leave.
10. 7 days in Carrier and I couldn't wait to go home and try to fix every thing.
11. I was home again and things didn't change at all. No one cared that I was still hurting except my boyfriend. I found out that I couldn't attend school I was being placed on home bound but it was going to take two weeks for that to take action.
12. A month maybe not even after being home from Carrier my boyfriend was arrested for and incident that happened between him and his mother. Three days after his arrest I was kicked out because I wouldn't give the people I was living with my boyfriends bail money so they could buy more pain killers. I had to take the money and stay at a motel over night. The next day I went back to my mom and begged for her help. She let me in.
13. My boyfriend was released from jail after ten days of being in there. All the courts wanted was for him to keep up with his mental health and never go near his mom.
It was two days before thanksgiving and I couldn't think of any where else to go but to my moms. It's January now and both him and I are still living at my moms.
She hurt me so much growing up. I was beat so many times by her in this house. I hate it here but it's the only place I have to live. I don't know how I feel anymore. Sometimes I feel pain, hopeless, joyful, furious, etc.
I don't think I'm ever going to get better. I'm still taking my medication, seeing the doctor, and my in-home therapist but I just feel like I will never be able to escape this hole I'm in.
Back to Top
Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 24
Posted 1/23/2009 8:39 PM (GMT -6)
It sounds like you and I have something in common. I too live with my parents. I am 35 and have no choice but to live here. My dad used to abuse me, my mom and younger brother when I was a kid and now I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of it and have flashbacks alot. I too would love to move out and try to live on my own but I have neither the means nor the way of doing that. My parents don't understand my conditions that are wrong with me and make fun of me alot (I am considered the black sheep in my family anyways). My biggest help right now is the group therapy that I found and got myself into. My therapist is wonderful and it takes a huge weight off of me just to be able to talk to other people and get things off of my chest. I am fortunate that my doctors visits and therapy are all funded by the state of GA so I don't have to pay. My suggestion to you is to try and find some type of group like this where you live- make new friends and get some type of outlet for your anger and frustrations. Who knows, maybe a good therapist might be able to help you move out of your mom's house.
Diagnosed with Mixed Bipolar Disorder with hallucinations, PTSD, OCD and Major Depression since 1994.
Always feel free to email me- sometimes an email just to say Hello is the highlight of my day.
Back to Top
Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 125
Posted 1/24/2009 1:38 PM (GMT -6)
Dear bringmebackhome, I am experiencing some of the pain that you are. I am forced to live with my parents since my psychiatrist will not let me live alone. My parents have always put their social status above my mental health. They did not take me to a psychiatrist for 15 years because of the stigma associated with it. When I was psychotic, they said mean and hurtful things to me. I finally had to go to a psychiatrist because I was court ordered to do so. Now, I am stuck with them till the economy gets better. I have to stay in an awful country like Kuwait and work here till the job scene in NYC gets better. Sometimes, I feel like I am sinking in a black hole. My friends have abandoned me because they think I am mental. No Indian man wants to date me or marry me because I am defective. But I still manage to stay positive about
life. I have joined bipolar forums and met nice people. I have started a reading group and met some like-minded people. I am looking for a job to kill time. I have had my hiccups. Once I gave up my meds and had a relapse. Now, I have learned to take my meds regularly and socialize actively so I don't have to think about
my parents. If there is no support group in your neighbourhood, you should start one to help others like yourself. It will be the best thing you can do to yourself.
Back to Top
Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 3715
Posted 1/24/2009 2:05 PM (GMT -6)
I'm sorry about
your ongoing struggle. It sounds hard and like you are doing your best to stay straight but you keep getting curveballs thrown at you. You're almost done with school. Once you are, you are on your own. Then your future is in your hands. You can get out from under your mother's thumb or anyone else's thumb. You could go to school, get a job, get some help, get out on your own. There is a future for you, and you're almost there. Just hang in there.
Co-Moderator, Bipolar Forum
Back to Top
Currently it is Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:49 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,781,785 posts in 305,713 threads.
View Active Threads
This forum has 152044 registered members. Please welcome our newest member,
465 Guest(s), 14 Registered Member(s) are currently online.
All rights reserved.