Does anyone know if you can...

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 174
   Posted 8/7/2009 5:56 PM (GMT -6)   
Call your doctor from another state and have them get some new meds for you? (EX: I'm in Washington state, my docs are in Virginia)
I had to call my doc the other evening because I was in a bad place. She then called my mother, whom I'm staying with, and told her to get me to the hospital or she would be forced to call the police and have them take me to the hospital. She says I need to call my med doc and have him change my meds NOW. Don't they have to see you before changing your meds? Also, the docs at the hospital let me go, so I'm guessing I wasn't bad enough to be admited, so why should I call now, instead of waiting 'till my appt, on Sep. 11th? Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Veteran Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 3715
   Posted 8/7/2009 9:24 PM (GMT -6)   

Call your docs. It is their decision.

Co-Moderator, Bipolar Forum
Bipolar II

Regular Member

Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 138
   Posted 8/24/2009 2:50 PM (GMT -6)   
personally, i would not wait until sept. especially since your dr.seemed to believe you were in such a bad place. good luck. ill be thinking of you.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:24 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,872,391 posts in 315,212 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 156705 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, torie143.
342 Guest(s), 12 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
LeoLuna, Ides, 10LymeB, cspivak, summer16, nponeil77, TickedOffInCanada, Betty644218, akai, Stewvlle12, mcloud, jackiespino

Follow on Facebook  Follow on Twitter  Follow on Pinterest

©1996-2017 LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer