so i saw my counsellor (who is also a doctor) on friday- -since my depression seemed to flare for the last few weeks (feeling stable today) this counsellor/doc decided NOT to take me off of effexor altogether, and keep going with 150mg of effexor and 75mg of lamictal.
so the last few days i've upped my effexor back to 150mg, and i am feeling better about that decision, especially since my panic attacks have also been out of control once i started to decrease my effexor, so now i should be on the road to stableness (or at least a little bit of it).
i've done a lot of research on effexor and lamictal together and it seems like a very successful combination.
here's my q
i've had the same PDOC for the last 5 years, and have told him that i've started seeing this new counsellor who is also a doc and that the counsellor has decided to treat me SINCE my pdoc literally has NO time at all. for the last 2 years i've only been able to see my pdoc for 5min (not exaggerating) appts once ever 2 months!! when i told my pdoc i had a new doc, he said that i should just let the new doc treat me since my pdoc doesn't have time, and he also said that we won't treat me as long as someone else is treating me.
but on friday my new doc said to ask my pdoc his opinion on our new med plan- -i want to retain my pdoc, but i don't know if my pdoc will go along with that. i think having a psychiatrist is very important to treatment. i also think there's nothing wrong with having both a doctor AND a psychiatrist.
so if anyone could just give me some feedback on this situation that would be great...
take care hugs and support all around