Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that your family is having such a rough go of it lately. Just wondering if you have considered a second opinion from your family doctor, or asked for another referral. I completely understand where your doctor is coming from in regards to wanting a more experienced opinion prior to writing a prescription, but asking you to wait two months without any help is a little much considering the circumstance. Is there a councillor at the school or school board who could write a referral to ask for more prompt assistance, or maybe another family doctor in the area who has some specialty in the area? From an outsider's perspective, it sounds unusual that there isn't anything the doctor could do for your daughter in the meantime even as an intermediate step. I've been really lucky to have a GP who is relatively accessible who isn't shy to call in help from his specialist friends and ask for advice and help me until I can get a regular appointment with the specialist. He realizes there are limitations, but there are times when it isn't reasonable to just say sit and wait.
I really hope that you'll find some answers for your daughter soon.Take care,Putter
Post Edited (SMSIRL) : 5/30/2006 11:37:14 PM (GMT-6)