Post Edited (olivia of course) : 9/28/2007 8:51:07 AM (GMT-6)
Post Edited (olivia of course) : 9/28/2007 8:55:00 AM (GMT-6)
For Yesterday...still working on today...lol
1. I became aware that I turned a discussion into an argument.
2. I walked away from the situation and re-focused my energy.
3. I decided to keep myself busy by running errands.
4. I treated myself by purchasing a new nail color for myself at the drug store.
5. Instead of walking out of the grocery store because I couldn't stay focused, I decided to stay and just take my time no matter how long it took!
6. Once home I took a breather and poured myself a cup of coffee and reflected on how I can continue to keep myself under control for the rest of the day.
7. When I started to feel very irritable while making dinner, I made myself a promise that I would get out of the house and take a long walk after dinner.
8. As I was walking out the door for my walk, my husband decided to tag along with me (when I really wanted to be my myself.) I just took a deep breath and decided that I would be nice and think about how much he probably really needed a walk too and let him tag along.
9. I held my tongue when my daughter came home from work grouchy.
10. As I became more irritable as the evening progressed, I continued trying to refocus my energy in healthy ways.
Well, since my last post.....
1. I've been hangin tough!
i dont have 10 but i have a few
1. i got thru my colonoscopy with few problems
2. my anxiety was under control before the procedure (medicated though)
3. i started crocheting a new scarf
4. tomr is my 3rd week of subbing and for the first time im not anxious, im looking forward to it
5. i did a lot of laundry and i already packed my lunch and have my clothes ready
6. took 2 naps from the meds from the procedure (i can NEVER sleep)
7. i spent a REASONABLE amount of money ordering tattoo coverup online and i didnt experience the rush i normally get from buying things, this is big for me as it is a problem i have
thats pretty much it but thinking of it htis way it actually makes me feel better. i think i dont realize sometimes how much i actually did accomplish even in the face of all this adversity.
i like this topic, i think we should keep it going for awhile, i find it very theraputic.
good job to those who have already posted, especially finding 10 things!
1. I am actually doing well in school despite my fears of failing2. I am in the process of a new pdoc/therapist (hopefully I won't have to look again soon)3. the people of HW have been really supportive/understanding4. I might go back to Geodon, and I am actually looking forward to it5. I am trying to sleep at a normal times, at least I am trying6. I have a lot of free time, and I am enjoying it
I can't think of anymore stuff right now!