I just had a diagnostic mammogram/ultrasound done because of a sore and enlarged left breast. The ultrasound showed a very large cyst and a few smaller ones. I was told by the tech that the radiologist was "not impressed" with it, which is a good thing, but that i was to follow up with my GYN. I've read that cysts, if they're fluid filled do not usually need to be aspirated or biopsied, but i dread having to wait 6 months to see what might happen! Any advice? Should I insist on at least an aspiration? If not a biopsy?
Thanks for any info.
Current dx: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Suspected dx: UCTD/Lupus
Current Meds: Enbrel, Methotrexate, nexium, tramadol, nasonex, Nifedipine, Folic Acid, Tylenol PM