OK, we just got back from the doctor.... he was very nice (Dr. Minami in Bellevue, WA). He answered all our questions and really seemed to listen to our concerns and he offered up a lot of suggestions and alternatives.
So here's what we have:
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Invasive (correction)
- 1.3 cm, close to surface
- Histologic Pattern: Solid
- Bloom-Richardson Grade 2/3 (Intermediate Grade)
- Tubule formation score: 3/3 (poorly differentiated)
- Nuclear Pleomorphism score: 2/3
- Mitotic Rate: 7 per 10 HPF (400X) (score 1/3)
- No lymphatic or blood vascular invasion
- No microcalcification (but the Dr. thinks there might actually be some)
- No malignant cells seen in Axiallary node.
Plan is to have a MRI this week, since her breasts are "dense" and he wants to make sure he has all the information. Then we will have the surgery on tuesday. It will be a lumpectomy, unless he gets in there and things are very different from what he expects.
They will try and do something with a balloon to make the radiation easier, but he wasn't 100% on whether or not that would work and he won't know until he gets in there. He said that chemo will also be recommended, but when and what course it will be is yet to be determined.
The desk people were great, and gave me copies of all the charts and papers... I even have the films to take with us to the MRI place. Being a photographer, you can bet they will be on a light table this afternoon getting copied!
Anyways. that's all the news from here.
Your comments and generous support is always welcome.
Post Edited (FrankB) : 12/13/2004 3:33:37 PM (GMT-7)