Update on visit with surgeon

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Lmmackey
Regular Member


Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 316
   Posted 3/21/2005 3:12 PM (GMT -7)   
Hi ladies,
I'm still amazed at all of the strength and love here on the forum. I'm a keeper, no matter what!

We visited "our" surgeon (he's been following a breast condition (papilloma), plus he was the one who finally diagnosed my DH's sarcoma, and his son/partner took out my gallbladder). He's really a great guy with tons of experience.

I don't have the pathologists report from my Friday biopsy, but Dr. today also feels it's malignant from the pics. However, it is SMALL and he doesn't feel any enlarged lymph nodes anywhere. We're awaiting the biopsy report, but I'm scheduled for a lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy for next Wed. 3/30. Now, of course, when the biopsy report comes back negative (I pray), we'll cancel the surgery. I'll keep you all posted.

Again, thanks for being here. Know that you are ALL in my prayers each night now!!

Laure'

MNlady13
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2044
   Posted 3/21/2005 3:24 PM (GMT -7)   
Laure', thanks for the update. We too have developed a family relationship with a surgeon. He did my biopsy and lumpectomy in '96, then removed a fatty tumor from DD's tailbone area while she was home from college on winter break and a few months later was doing an appendectomy on DH. I kiddingly told the surgeon we were seeing way too much of him.

I'll keep fingers and toes crossed that the biopsy comes back negative, but at least you are somewhat prepared mentally for a positive diagosis. Know that we are there for you no matter what the outcome. Doing the B9 chant for you. Hugs, Lauri
"Go confidently into the direction of your dreams. Live the life you always imagined" Thoreau
 
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.


Time
New Member


Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 7
   Posted 3/21/2005 4:31 PM (GMT -7)   
Fingers crossed for the biopsy. Even though the radiologist said 80% chance b-9 of course I spent my weekend mentally in the 20% zone. Fortunately they were right this time. I hope you have similar news but if not, thank goodness it is small and other signs point to a good early detection. Saying prayers for you and all others in this waiting game. Don't forget to breathe.

-Jennifer

Tavish
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2272
   Posted 3/21/2005 5:10 PM (GMT -7)   
Hi Laure'-
Sorry this seems to pointing down the cancer path...but your attitude will take you very far. For as devastating as this news is, taking the positive outlook and turning on the warrior mode will help you to be empowered and it will help others cope. And it is a good sign that they said small with no swelling, we'll keep our fingers crossed that the doc's hunch is right.

Glad you sound good....stick around and feel free to chime in on any other threads and get to know us, ask questions and just get support.
Lori


ardee
Veteran Member


Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 854
   Posted 3/21/2005 5:33 PM (GMT -7)   
Hi Laure',

We will all be here for you, regardless of outcome. Hang in there. There is a light at the end of this long tunnel. All things considered, I thought my treatment went remarkably fast. Hope you have the same experience if you must have treatment.

Hugs,
Rita


Candy
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 1294
   Posted 3/21/2005 7:01 PM (GMT -7)   
Thanks for letting us know and sticking with us. We will be here no matter what. Chanting B-9.

Hugs,
Candy

 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.

Proverbs 27:9


gma
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2921
   Posted 3/22/2005 9:33 AM (GMT -7)   
It sounds to me like you have a great surgeon and no matter what he will take good care of you. I am with you in thoughts and prayers as you wait for the time to pass. Hugs MK


DiVanDyke
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 734
   Posted 3/23/2005 9:51 AM (GMT -7)   
Hi Laure,
I'm Di from Illinois. I'll be here with you also. My surgeon has made all the difference in my life twice. That's so important. I know that I have the best. We are waiting with you , but you and your doctor sound positve. Wishing the best for you, Hugs, Di
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, December 04, 2016 3:36 PM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,732,719 posts in 301,047 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 151202 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Ed Ski.
349 Guest(s), 4 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Michael_T, mtm3461, MauiViv, BKelly


Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook  Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter  Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest
Advertisement
Advertisement

©1996-2016 HealingWell.com LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer