The TYPE of microcalcifications is what usually indicates the presence of breast cancer. I had microcalcifications at the time of my DX.
I'm for a second opinion now, not in 6 mos. Please remember that it's you, not the techs or drs. who will have to go through treatment if there is BC present. I know this sounds harsh and probably a little bit scary too, but I'm on your side. Get that second opinion. We'll all be here urging you on. You are your best health advocate. Hugs, Luci
Good luck to you. I would be very angry if I were in your shoes and found out later that someone had not noticed those red flags. I will be sure to let you all know what happens. I was told yesterday that my films will be looked at by a team of breast specialists so I am not relying on just my doctor's opinion. I feel a little more confident now about whatever their recommendation is.
I am glad that you had the follow up mammo done. The thing that really concerns me is that you now have all of your reports and there evidently seems to be 2 masses that your physicians didn't bother to inform you about. I would strongly suggest that you question them about that specific report when you go to hear your results. Don't let them give you the "run around". As several of the other gals have said, you must become very proactive in your care. Sitting back and waiting can not only give you the nightmares that you had but be very detrimental to your health and beating this disease. Please get answers so that you will know what you need to do next. Remember, a 2nd and even 3rd opinion is usually warranted.
My path report mentioned "stellate mass". I believe this meant that it was "fingered" in shape. Hope results will be positive.