I understand what you are going through. Had it not been for the Oncotype DX test I would have been in the same boat of whether to do the chemo or not. I can't honestly say what I would have done had the decision been left up to me. My tumor was 1.6 cm. and I had been told it would depend on the onc. whether or not they treated with chemo. But I was starting to feel like if it came down to it I would probably want all the artillary there was to fight this. Then when my onc. told me about the oncotype test I didn't have to fret, I just waited for the results.
I know I've read several times that the survival rates for lumpectomy with radiation is equal to that of mastectomy. But I'm not sure how much the odds increase with chemo. I would do as Lori said and get a second opinion just to give you peace of mind. Do what feels right for you though. We will back you 100% and be there for any PCE visits you want.
Love and hugs,
Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.
Thanks for all of your comments. I did get a 2nd opinion and he felt the same. I will be closely monitored for the next few years. I thank you for your comments and now all I have to do is heal and then began the rads. Any comments on how to heal that "virgin" skin that is probably going to burn! Any other comments about what to do and what not to do while taking radiation will be helpful.