Post Edited (louieloui) : 5/5/2005 3:22:58 PM (GMT-6)
Laura: I am so sorry that you didn't get any "real" answers today. I know how worried you still are. I have to agree w/ everyone else...GET A SECOND OPINION! With the family history, I wouldn't take a chance. I would do everything that I could to get answers to know that the decision was the correct one. 6 months is a long time to have to wait and worry. Follow your gut instinct. It usually isn't wrong. I wonder if it was your surgeon's wife if he would make her wait 6 mos and not do every test that there was to make sure that it wasn't cancer.
I'm not sure about the Oregon area but I do know that there is a cancer center in Seattle. I have had several friends that have gone there and were very pleased.
Hang in there. We are all here for you.
Post Edited (debbiR) : 5/4/2005 8:36:51 PM (GMT-6)
Post Edited (debbiR) : 5/4/2005 9:00:05 PM (GMT-6)
I'm with the others. If someone saw something that made them recommend a biopsy, I wouldn't just "sit & wait". I'd definitely get a 2nd opinion.
Laura, sorry....I don't know how I got your name wrong! My name is Lori (tavish is my dog), but I post under my dog's name to be incognito.
Just for grins, you may want to call your local hospital's cancer center and see if they have breast specialists.....usually you can get evaluated even if there is not a cancer diagnosis....or consider going to a major city to be seen.....but you are on the right path and I hope it ends up with a big fat benign diagnosis!