I was diagnosis as mucinous cancer on my right breast on May 18,05. The original surgery date was
June 23rd for lumpectomy. However, the doctor found another unknow spot. So I have to go with mastectomy. I want immediate DIEP reconstruction but not matter how hard I try, I cannot get myself to do the surgery soon (All the doctors I called are booked so tight). I have to wait at least a month if I am lucky. I either have to do the mastectomy now without reconstrction or I have to wait another month to do them both at same time.
I don't want tram flap because I don't want to sacrify my muscle. Not sure about implant. I know if I do the implant know then I will not get the insurance to pay my DIEP again.
Does anybody have any experience on delayed reconstruction? Any suggestion?