My dh works as a millwright at a paper plant. He was alittle late getting home tonight and then told me how his day was.
He was just finishing up some work in one part of the plant, and I guess there are always fires smoldering here and there from the wood chips and sawdust that they keep an eye on as they can obviously ignite very quickly. He saw smoke from up on one of the catwalks that had sawdust on it (quite thick) and went up to investigate. Well, he made the mistake of moving it around with his foot to see where it was and BOOM! It just exploded! As it falls in a powdery form through the catwalk grating it continues to explode for several feet down. Then it goes UP and all around wherever the sawdust is. Like gasoline would follow the trail, so did this. Thank God it was not BEHIND him. He said he never knew he could run so fast for an old man and FLY down the stairs. He thought he was going to die as it was above him, beside him and the scariest thing, being below him. He thought the whole place he was in was going to blow! It singed the hair on the back of his arms and his skin is pink. Thank God he had a hardhat covering his hair. This place preaches safety like you wouldn't believe, but they were trying to conserve water....?????!!!!!
Good grief! He said when the guy came in and put the big hose on it it blew up like he put gas on it from the oxygen getting to it.
Anyway, just wanted to talk, my God, you just never know what tomorrow is going to bring.
Thanks for being here....L&H, Gail
If you can read - thank a teacher.
If you can read what you want - thank a soldier!