I have gained permission from the adminstating team Peter Waite.
I’m a third year student at Lincoln University and at the moment doing my research for my dissertation. My dissertation title is: “The internet: is there such thing as a dual identity”.
My research area is focused on online support groups such as this one, I intend to find out the reasons why some people choose to use internet based support groups.
- What are the benefits?
- Are there any negative elements?
- Do you feel that you can share your thoughts and feelings within the support forums?
- Do you disclose personal information about yourself? (e.g. hobbies, interests)
- Do you pick and choose on what you want to share with fellow members?
- If you do not have a screen name associated with your real name, why did you choose it?
If you could email me your response so that no one else can view your information. My email address is; email@example.com subject matter, support forum. Your names will be disclosed and it only will be the content that be used in my work.
Thank you and if you have any queries please email me with your concerns.
Thank you for taking the time to do this regards