Spinal Cord Stimulators

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Buckeye Guy
New Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 7/13/2009 11:08 PM (GMT -6)   
Hello, I'm new to the forum and would like to know if anyone knows how United Health Care pays for the permanent Spinal Cord Stimulator? Is it considered a "Durable Medical Good"? Any information will be very appreciated. I'll fill everyone in on my story later. Thanks


Veteran Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 2312
   Posted 7/13/2009 11:21 PM (GMT -6)   
No idea, but UHC covered mine at my normal rate for medical bills. I'm pretty sure that Durable Medical Goods refers to things that you throw away like crutches or splints or such.

However, I would caution you that every plan is different & the way it is counted for one plan may be different from the way it is counted for yours. Your surgeon ought to be able to give you the billing codes ahead of time & you can call UHC to check on what they will cover for you.

best wishes,
Moderator -- Depression Forum

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 20, 2017 2:12 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,884,903 posts in 316,534 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 157646 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, JBS2017.
397 Guest(s), 20 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
countingstarsx, meverett85, notsosicklygirl, Astronut, eca, dacarte3, JBS2017, Hoagie, EvanHimself, Sherrine, Larry E, Fairwind, lovefishing, Hardlyrob, mordant, BOOGEE, WifeofPie, jackinthebox, racquetball74, iPoop

Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook  Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter  Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest

©1996-2017 HealingWell.com LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer