Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,And sorry I could not travel bothAnd be one traveler, long I stood
First of all I am so so sorry you have been on this up and down road for so long. I know you have had numerous posts on the progress and set backs, so forgive me if I missed this. Have you been told by a neurosurgeon (this is who actually puts in the permanent SCS) that you are or are not a candidate?
When I was offered the trial by my PMD he felt I was, I asked to see the Dr. who would be putting the Permanent in and was sent to a Neurosurgeon. He ordered an MRI and CT scan before my appt. When I went to him (my regular NS) he told me he thought the trial might work BUT felt in the long run it would not work for me.....I went back to my PMD and he referred me to another NS who does most of his final implants, he told me there are 3 types of candidates, the definite yesses and the other 50% are iffy's or no's. He told me I fell in the iffy category as most of the pain is in the upper 1/2 of the body. At the cost of the procedure I decided not to take the chance.
Again, I am so sorry for all of the emotional pain this has caused you...I have to agree with everyone, I don't get why this Psycholgist has so much power in this decision. Has your PMD sided with this decision? If he does, I don't understand HOW that could happen, when he is the one who recommended this in the first place?