Hydrangea....I really wish you would go back to you're PCD and follow up on this problem with him. The symptoms you display are serious and should not be toyed with by a PM, who makes his money on Epidurals. I fear if you wait too long, you may suffer permanent damage. (IMO) It's one thing to be in great pain, and it is quite another to have your body start to deform because of nerve damage. I have seen both....people who after surgery, return back to normal form, and walked properly, and then I have seen at least two employees who suffered permanent nerve damage because they waited too long.
Of course, you should listen to your PCD, and or a surgeon, who you trust first. I just want you to be on you're toes and really think this through. I bleieve that surgery should be a last resort, but not avoided if needed.
Hydrangea, I also do not want to go through the back surgery again, but if it is to the point that I don't have too many more options, and may suffer even worse in the future, I would consider it again for sure!
I'm hoping that some of the other veteran members here can shed more light on this than maybe I have. And of course....I always stand to be corrected in a Positive way :)
Auntkay, I hope you are reading this as well, as I worry for the both of you, with the symptoms you display.
I really dont mean to be little PM's, but they generally mask a problem not fix it. If your PCD says there is too great a risk for surgery, or that there is nothing else that can be done...then by all means we want you to be comfortable and not suffer.
Yes!....there is a need for PM's but when you may have a disk rubbing on your spinal cord, and an Epidural has not reduced the swelling....please look at other options and keep an open mind about it.
We all want the best for you both! We relly do! :)
Take care, and please continue to post here! We Care! :)