OK so here is whats going on.
Back in June 07(when i was Diagnosed) i went in for some scopes the doctor at the time immediatly after coming out of room gave my mom presciptions for entocort to be started immediatly i didi 9mg then 6 then 3 over 6 weeks as well as a retentive(sp? right word? lol) enema for 3 weeks which had a steroid in it. As well as Salofalk. So was on that then in sept i started imuran 50mg and 100 mg alternating daily. so as of know i am on 500mg salofalk 4times a day and the same dose of imuran. With that said my Gi recently retired because i guess he was sick. I know have a new one which i am scheduled to see in March for a colonoscopy. Lately i have a had problems with the imuran in the sense that my hair is falling out like crazy and i have been getting vaginal yeast infections monthly (even with taking a probiotic and i never ever had one until this point). and i dont know really if it helping because i was on so many drugs to start off and on two now.
Here is where i need your help.
I want to go off it ( although i have not flared really bad since being on everything) i can't stand the monthly issue and i have thin hair to begin with so it freaks me out. My family is concerned if i say take me off it, and they do i will flare then have trouble finding something else and that they wont put me back on.(plus with the wait time for it to kick in also a factor) in addition to this i know the research that has been going on in the UK in regards (although limited) to crohn's possibly being from under active immune system opposed to an over active one. So my question is, what would you do? or how would you go about bringing it up to the doctor. (i have know idea what she is like but only have this shot cause it is hard to get in to see someone.)
Sorry for it being so long and for the typos ! thanks!