HI guys and thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately it is not that easy to transfer the credits over (Theses are a couple of universities in Canada). The one university I talked to mentioned they accept transfers after the first year if the student has been an A student at the other university. So realisitically, we are probably looking at having to make a decision and stick with it. Right now my son feels quite good (doing at number of sports at school -which makes we wonder about it aggravating the Crohn's from other posts I've seen) and outside of the blood in the stool you wouldn't know he has a problem, which is my dilema. Does history of this disease typically go this way, about a year now with no outward symptoms except for the bleeding (which does troubles me) and then it turns bad or does staying in this condition (with the expectation that the bleeding will cease) mirror anyone's experiences?
Unfortunately we also have to make a decision in 1 month from now so time with him in this condition is not on our side.
I use to live in Philadelphia and it was very scary and had bad schools for my 3 children. My husband and I decided to move hundreds of miles away, we ended up in charlotte, nc. Although it was hard to leave my dr's and family behind my best friend told me IF YOU STAY YOU WILL HAVE CROHNS AND BE MISERABLE OR YOU CAN MOVE, STILL HAVE CROHNS AND BE HAPPY!!. Once she put it that way the answer to leave made more sense.
In life sometimes we are dealt CRAPPY HANDS( HA HA HA) ITs HOW WE PLAY THEM THAT COUNTS. Tell your son never to give up on his dreams. And as a parent of a sick child you should take a breath, pray and hope that all your years of good parenting has taught him to make rational decisions if problems arise.
When I get admitted to the hospital now my mother is still here by the next day, 8 hours away, whether by plane, train or automobile. Thats what parents do!! Good Luck
Thanks EMom (and everyone else).
The bleeding had stopped when we put him on the SCD + fishoil/L-Glutamine/Digestive enzyemes but it recently started up again (not severe but there nonetheless) which we are thinking might be linked to getting his wisdom teeth out (Dr. gave him a weeks worth of anitbiotic which probably killed off all the good bugs-bleeding started within a week or so of coming off the antibiotic). Giving him probiotics now and SCD yogurt and will hopefully see improvement soon like before.
I appreciate your experience and hope your son remains free of problems. My son does not have any anemia problems from what the bloodwork shows.