Anyone from Canada on Humira Weekly?

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Crohn's 4 ever
Regular Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 207
   Posted 6/26/2008 9:47 PM (GMT -6)   
I have a question for any Canadian's on Humira. Reasoning is I had my GI appointment today and I mentioned about going on Weekly shots of Humira as I am biweekly now. He doesnt think it may be a good idea, one because Humira only recommends on the Canadian version pamplet not recommeded less than Bi weekly. I am also his ONLY patient on this drug because everyone else is on Remicade and doing very well and doses can be altered. I was on Remicade by severely allergic to it. I will have been on Humira 3 months on Friday June 28th. I have heard Humira says it takes up to 3 months and had a couple of people on this site or another, that it can take up to 4 months. I also started Prednisone last Sat to calm down my flaring 40mg. If I give this Humira up, all that is left is surgery and he says I am not in that bad of shape to have it (like I want surgery anyways..) Now I am waiting for the Progress team via Humira to call my doctor to see if it is ok for weekly shots. Anyone out there on weekly and how long? Also what part of Canada you are in, thanks alot, I really need this info!

Tough times don't last long, tough people do!

Regular Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 28
   Posted 7/3/2008 8:54 PM (GMT -6)   
I live in Toronto and am now on 2 shots per week. I have been on it for a few months. I was also my Dr's first patient. I started 1 shot every other week, then 2 shots every other week, now 2 shots every week. I still have not seen great results and it's been since February. My insurance pays for 80% and progress pays for a part of the remaining 20%. I have not told progress yet that I am changed to 2 pens per week though, I have to call them tomorrow.
I still am not sure how long i'll stick with it since it's a lot of money and I'm worried about putting all this medicine in me without knowing too much about it. But...i get a reaction to everything else so i'm really out of options. I had surgery in September 2006 - partial colectomy and now have an ostomy. I am also breastfeeding my 1st child who is 7 months old so I can't take too many other drugs. Have you seen any results yet?
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:56 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,712,658 posts in 299,119 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 153691 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, TeresaJoeaehnson.
329 Guest(s), 10 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
naturalcurl, Khawdash, bluelyme, ontheflipside, Loutucky, Splashdancer, InTheShop, Robertmp, multifacetedme, LanieG

Follow on Facebook  Follow on Twitter  Follow on Pinterest

©1996-2016 LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer