I have a 6 week old daughter and I was on remicade while pregnant with her. My GI wanted me to have a treatment 2-3 days before delivery (I was being induced at 39 weeks) but my OB wasn't for it really. My husband and I made the decision to hold off on getting a treatment until after the baby was born. I ended up getting the treatment about
36 hours after delivery and thus far have not had any crohn's related issues. My OB was willing to induce me so that I could get my treatment on time, but it was only about
6 days early according to the "official" due date on their little chart thingy. I ended up having my daughter on the day I was supposed to get my treatment (exactly 8 weeks) and then got the treatment 36 hours later. I have to agree with Stef that if you are doing fine, I wouldn't induce at 38 weeks. Chances are (from what I've heard) that you'll do fine afterwards if you wait the extra days/weeks for the baby to come on it's own if you aren't having any issues during the pregnancy. It's a personal individual decision that you and your significant other need to make and be comfortable with. GOODLUCK!!
Just a side note that there is new information out from the makers of remicade that if you have a treatment in the 3rd trimester, your baby should NOT have any live vaccinations. I think each state is different on what kind and when they give vaccs so check that out. :)
Fibromyalgia DX March 2003
Crohn's DX Jan 2006 (Symptoms since 96-Misdiagnosed as "female" problems-Major flare during pregnancy in 05 which lead to DX)
1st resection July 2007
Currently on Remicade/8 weeks