After my surgery in Sept. I developed an absecess under the incision. It healed up completely within 2 months. The other day I started noticing that my scar was a bit puffy and kinda sore. Today it is super red and extremely sore, my temp is 99.4, I know the abscess is back. I was fine until they put me back on Prednisone a couple weeks ago to help try to control my current flare. Hears the dilema, I dont get my insurance until Feb 1st, great timing =( My mom is calling my GI tomorrow to see what we should do, what Im wondering is if I should wait until Feb 1st, which is a week away or, if I should just suck it up and do what he tells me to do, and end up payin the bills later. With the first absecess it went on for around 3 weeks before I realized it was really bad, and I went straight to the ER where it litterally popped while I was in the waiting area. I spent over a week in the hospital before they released me. Is there a way they can treat it without being in the hospital, like just put me on an antibiotic, or do they need to open it up and drain it?
Dianogsed with Crohns: At 16 years old. 22 years old now.
Surgeries:2 Bowel Resections, Gallbladder Removed.
Current Meds: Humira (bi-weekly)