Post Edited (PV) : 3/23/2009 7:16:08 AM (GMT-6)
I will find a way or make one. –Phillip Sidney 1554-1586
All that I am and all that I shall ever be, I owe to my Angel Mother.
The Bucket List- Have you found joy in your life? Has your life brought joy to others?
Make sure your suffering has meaning…
Kaycie, I am also on Humira and went through a period of about a month in late January where I was in extreme pain with my joints. I could not work, could not dress/undress myself or get in/out of the bathtub or bed without my husband's help for about a week of that month. The days I did work, I was in tears by the time I got home. My problem was supposedly just an arthritis flare...hydrocodone didn't touch it and I only got relief when taking a bunch of prednisone. The Humira shots made no effect. Finally, after a very long month, the next Humira shot I did helped greatly and I got out of my flare.
I have been doing well for a month...back down to ultracet instead of hydrocodone and able to work out almost every day again. Until this weekend...seems like the arthritis is about to start a bad flare again. I am also at the point of trying to decide if I should stay on Humira or switch to something else. Tysabri scares me too much and I don't know that I can do Cimzia just once a month, since I used to get it biweekly on a clinical trial. According to my rheumy, mine is just Crohn's related arthritis, not anything caused by the Humira.
I don't really have any point to this post other than to tell you that I am in the same boat, trying to decide if I should stick it out longer or switch to something else. It is truly a difficult decision. But, if you are not scared of Tsyabri like I am, that may be something to try next. From what my GI told me, you should know within a few months and, if it isn't working, then you can try something else.