Ok, so I need any advice or info you can give me. I am trying to decide if I should continue to have my remicades during my pregnancy. We are planning on "trying" the first of July and the plan was to continue my remicades this time, as I flared really badly with my first pregnancy and it took a year and a half of prednisone and remicade to get it under control. We had decided the only way I would get pregnant again was if I could stay on my meds, and with all the research I've done, we were feeling ok about it, but now I'm panicking! If something happened to my baby I would never forgive myself. But I also dont want to be so sick again, and I want another baby so badly! What should I do? ANY advice or information would be very appreciated.
25 year old woman, Dx with crohns 2004. Currently on remicade 10mg/kg, Pentasa, Azathioprine, prednisone 15mg and weaning, glucosamine with chondroiten, Calcium with D, and a multi prenatal vitamin.
I have tried asacol, colazol, entocort, fiber tabs, and have to take phernergan, tylenol with codeine, and ativan once in a while when i flare badly.