Well, I had my colonoscopy last Wednesday. My GI did see some active disease in my ileum, so she wants to start me on treatment ASAP, but wanted to wait for pathology to make any decisions. She gave me two options- 1. Long term entocort, like a year or longer. 2. Try Imuran again.
I really don't want to do long term entocort again. I'm still dealing with issues from being on it for over a year. I was very sensitive to it. I have horrible striae on my abdomen and legs, my moon face has JUST gone down from then, I have bone thinning and adrenal insufficiency that I'm still dealing with. This really isn't an option to me.
I'm willing to try Imuran again if it means not going on long term entocort. The last time I was on it, Imuran made me feel worse. I had joint pain, my first bloody stools, constant nausea, a bilateral kidney infection, easy bruising, low blood counts....I really didn't tolerate it well.
I was on Humira after Imuran, and it kicked my Crohn's disease in the butt and into remission. She thinks my disease isn't bad enough to warrant using Biologics (and I would like to avoid them as well).
Are there other options I could bring up to her? I feel like I'm in a little bit of a bind.
18 year old female
Crohn's dx in May 2009, symptoms since October 2008
Off every med while the doctors contemplate my diagnosis.
Been on: Entocort, Pentasa, Prednisone, Humira, Imuran