to use my Humira tomorrow or not...

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

dragonfly137927
Veteran Member


Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 2527
   Posted 8/31/2010 11:03 PM (GMT -7)   
I saw my GI last week when I was begining this cold.  last week I had a temp of 100 so I did not use my Humira last week.  I am already feeling the effects of not using it last week since I need mine weekly to stay in decent health.  When I have felt as I do now my Dr's have told me it is ok to use since the cold is all URI.  My ears still feel blocked, still coughing and my congestion is bad...also still have a sore throat.  the stuff I am getting out isn't discolored in any way though...
 
what do you all think?

Becky77
Veteran Member


Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 1768
   Posted 9/1/2010 12:40 AM (GMT -7)   
I haven't skipped them when I've had sinus infections....haven't even thought of skipping doses. My PCP just has told me I definitely need to be on antibiotics whereas a "normal" person would be able to fight and get rid of a sinus infection without antibiotics.
Becky

32 yr old female-dx with Crohn's in '97 after emergency resection and appendectomy, 2nd resection '05, Bilateral pulmonary emboli 10/09
Currently on Humira, Omeprazole, Effexor, Seroquel, Calcium, Vit D
Coumadin stopped 3/15/10!!!!

Stef17
Veteran Member


Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 1811
   Posted 9/1/2010 6:01 AM (GMT -7)   
Use it.

dragonfly137927
Veteran Member


Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 2527
   Posted 9/1/2010 10:44 AM (GMT -7)   
Ok i am so leary last time when my doc told me i could i ended up with fevers of 104, in the ER symptoms of mono or strep all tests coming back normal full body rash etc so I am gunshy
Dx with Crohn's 1987, symptoms as early as 1984.
Temp iliostomy February 2007, reversed June 2007, Ovarian cysts, migraines, allergies (incl food allergies) , oral allergy syndrome (diff than true food allergies), Asthma, Gall Bladder removed 1999, Inguenal hernia 1987
 
 
 

Stef17
Veteran Member


Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 1811
   Posted 9/1/2010 11:01 AM (GMT -7)   
Call your doc just to get his opinion. I would, especially if he told you to use it the last time and you ended up sick. If you hadn't gotten sick like that after then I would totally use it, but now that you've said that - I'd call your doc first. I think it's a balance. Can you afford what might happen with your guts in the next few days while you're waiting for your cold to go away? Or do you need to go ahead and take the shot and risk maybe getting sick? Only you can know for sure.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, December 10, 2016 3:49 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,735,789 posts in 301,336 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 151436 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, george252.
152 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
UC prisoner


Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook  Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter  Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest
Advertisement
Advertisement

©1996-2016 HealingWell.com LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer