While busily working at my desk chewing gum, I coughed and swallowed the whole thing. I didn't really think much of it, but eventually got to thinking about the old wive's tales about it not being digestable and staying in your stomach for a long time...
Anyway, it finally hit me that my TI is so scarred that my doctor can't see through it on a scope so there is NO WAY this gum will pass through there too. I looked it up quickly and read that swallowed gum passes through for normal people.
Am I at risk for another blockage now? Anything I can do to help it pass (go on liquids, eat fiber, I have no idea...)? Am I just being paranoid? Lastly, any idea how long until I know I am in the clear?
I'm kicking myself because I have been in remission a couple years and my GI never thought I would be because the strictures are the worst he's seen. I really hope I didn't just blow it.
Currently in remission!