As many of you know I had recent surgery for my CD. My GI has placed me back on pentasa 3g per day. My joints have been acting up so he called in entocort but wants me to hold off taking it if I can. He also wants me to go back to a RA Dr. The problem with that is the last RA I saw was in 2004 in california, the one I most recently saw back here in RI was 2001. Due to that I have to be reprocessed as a new patient and cant get in until Oct. I did call my GI so maybe he can get me in there sooner explaining it all.
I know Pentasa is a NSAID, I thought I was suffering from allergies b ut look slike more than that. Thought the sore throat was from post nasal drip I have been unable to get my allergy shots since February. This happened to me about a month ago as well. Throat getting worse, possible white patch on left tonsil (hard to see and only at certain angles is it visable). I dont think pentasa supresses my immune system and I fought this off before with no meds (same symptoms) so I really want to put off starting Entocort if I can. Another reason I want to wait is still that localized infection at my incision site it is getting much better (yes green pus but the Surgeon knows it and only when I have these throat things do I run a low grade fever) The fever is barely even a low grade fever but I keep my eye on it just in case.
So can pentasa slow down healing or suppress the immune system?
Dx with Crohn's 1987, symptoms as early as 1984.
Temp iliostomy February 2007, reversed June 2007, Ovarian cysts, migraines, allergies (incl food allergies) , oral allergy syndrome (diff than true food allergies), Asthma, Gall Bladder removed 1999, Inguenal hernia 1987