Thanks all for your feedback! FallColors, I use the doctors offered by my Kaiser plan. Dr. Butterfield is my GI. I was consulting with a general surgeon, but believe a recto surgeon is better. Within 4-5 days the infection seems to be clearing up nicely but it will be interesting to see if it closes all the way. The discharge and infectious smell has gone away so that is a huge relief. Fyi, I know the occurrence of fistula is much higher with Crohns than UC so ill be getting another scope after the new year. The first one last year during first flare was inconclusive as I was too inflamed. I'll try to keep everyone posted how this turns out.
- 29 y/o single IT professional male residing in Northern VA, USA
- UC Diagnosis - April, 2006 - Symptoms were sudden and drastic
- GI did not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the c-scope
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission and enjoying life again since getting out of the hospital in early Jan 07' from a nasty flare
- Survive on 4 Colazal/day, 1 GNC Multivitamin, occassional Fish oil & Primal Defense Probiotics
- Enjoy the outdoors, relaxing and spending time with family and friends