I'm doing a project for my sociology class about the social impact of cystic fibrosis. I would really like to find out what it is like to have cystic fibrosis from real teens who are living with it. If anyone would like to give me any information in response to these questions that would be extremely helpful. I really appreciate your time!!
1. What is your gender, age, school year and condition/manifestation of CF?
2. Is it hard to get school work done? What are the biggest challenges regarding school work?
3. Do your teachers understand your circumstances? What things can they do to help, or what have they done that is not helpful?
4. Are you involved in any school activities, like sports, plays, clubs, etc.? If yes, can you describe them?
5. Do you ever feel limited by CF when you participate in these activities or because you can't participate in these activities?
6. Is it hared to balance school activities and school work with CF?
7. How do other people react to your involvement in these activities?
8. How important is school work and school activities to you?
9. What is your social life like? How has it evolved since childhood?
10. Do you have a large group of acquaintances or a small group of close friends?
11. Has CF limited your social life? In what ways? Do you have any specific examples?
12. How much do you tell your friends about your disease? Is it hard to tell them?
13. Have any of your relationships been affected by disclosure?
14. As you get older, does it get any easier to tell people?
15. Do you have a significant other?
16. How much do you share about CF with significant others? When do you share this information?
17. Have you found it difficult to date? How?
18. What is the nature of your relationships- a few serious relationships, or many "less than serious" ?
19. Did you have a different experience with puberty than your peers?
20. Have you found it difficult to get close to members of the opposite sex?
Thanks so much!! If you even wanted to answer like one question or just a few questions that would be awesome!