Are you clinically depressed?
If you identify with several of the following signs and symptoms, and they just won’t go away, you may be suffering from clinical depression.
* you can’t sleep enough or you sleep too much
* you can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
* you feel worthless and hopeless
* you can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
* you have lost your appetite or you can’t stop eating
* you are constantly irritated or become enraged even at small things – and this is new for you
* you have thoughts that life is not worth living, or have a plan for how you would end it (Seek help immediately if this is the case)
The symptoms described above are the general symptoms for depression according to psychologists. If you experience some of them, you are clinically depressed. Your story suggest me to think so.
I know what you mean with that weird feeling in your chest, it is a common spot for people to feel physical hurt because of mental pain. They only remedy I found working for that is joy.
Delkan, there are several things you could do to get rid of your sadness. I strongly advice you to find a counselor if that is possible. Some of us have strong doubts against there use, but if you have an
open attitude towards them they can be real life savers. Another thing is to keep writing down your thoughts and feelings. Try to write them down in a logical order, as this force you to think about
it. Getting things straight can be such a help.
I believe your feelings will pass by, since you obvious had enough of them (else you wouldn't be writing here). This is a very good thing, because getting rid of your depression requires a mental change in some degree. Having a purpose for your mental change can make it so much easier.
Also, accepting and trying to see the positive side of things can be a great help towards getting happy again. Whenever possible, ask yourself the question "What is the positive side of this moment?". Even when all joy seemed to have disappeared, just trying to think of the positive side that every situation has can bring a small change in your mind. Gradually, it becomes easier and life becomes more joyful. If this seems worth trying out, there is a lot more about
it that can make it easier. Just ask
I wish you all the best Delkan!
Acceptance is the key
The World is but a reflection. Smile, and it will smile back.Try to keep smiling! :)