So many folks think of salad as a few pieces of iceburg lettuce, some sliced cukes and a tomato wedge. Just wanted to share a few thoughts about
thinking outside the box with salads.....
- Bean salad (cut green & yellow, kidney, lima, green pepper, red onion and vinaigrette dressing is my fave!)
- Broccoli & carrot with shredded cheddar
- Cauliflower, sun dried tomatoes, olives, and capers in olive oil & lemon dressing
- Asian - sliced snap peas, shredded carrot, soy beans, sunflower & sesame seeds in spicy peanut dressing
- Cabbage & carrot (think coleslaw)
Most of my "green" salads are more like veggie bowls: romaine, topped with spinach, topped with shredded cabbage (slaw right outta the bag has carrot in it). Then come the veggies: cukes, radishes, peppers, green onion. Toppings are: avocado, tomato, sunflower seeds, bacon bits and sometimes a few croutons. Italian is still my favourite dressing
Add some chicken, fish, pork, or beef to most of the above and you've got a complete meal (bean salad is a meal in itself
Got some more ideas??
- Phishbowl (Type 1 since Jan'05 - Levemir, NovoRapid)
"What's Not Measured Is Not Managed"
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows"-Epictetus