Slimfast Optima has a lot of carbs- Slimfast makes a low carb option that tastes the same as Optima, but isn't loaded down with sugar. You might want to try it if you plan to lower your carbs.
Several companies make low-carb wraps. Dreamfields makes a low carb pasta (5 net carbs/serving).
Making simple substitutions like these will help you to lower your carb intake without sacrificing your lifestyle. You can make small, gradual changes until you find the carb level that is right for you and your desired level of control.
As for your husband, you can't expect him to change his eating patterns because you want him too- he has to change because he wants to. I make tasty carb friendly meals every day. He has the choice to eat- or find his own grub- 99% of the time he eats my meal. The other 1% of the time- he waits for our daughters to visit and then they go out for pizza or Chinese- I'm happy not to have to cook and they get some nice father-daughter time together.