Hope you're all willing to give me all the advice and suggestions you may have for a Type 1 flying internationally (Canada to USA) and going to Disney World for 7 days.
It's exciting that it'll be our (hubby & I) first vacation in a decade but I'm nervous about
all the uncharted territory as a Type 1: air travel/ border crossing, walking all day, rides, food, etc.
A few questions some of you might help with?
1. can I bring food in my checked luggage? I.e. un
opened nuts, protein bars, etc.
2. can I bring some water/food on the plane (especially if I have a doctor's note)?
3. any good suggestions for items to bring with us into the parks?
4. any tips on air travel with meters, insulin, lancets, etc.?
5. any thoughts on how blood sugars tend to act/react to some of the "exciting" rides?
I'll have to carry both my insulins with me and was thinking of buying a Frio wallet. Anyone have one that can share experience with it?
I'm also looking for some good walking shoes. Any suggestions? I tried a pair of Dr. Scholl's that had these "energy enhancers" that help with momentum and the gel pockets are really comfy. Any thoughts?
We just booked our holiday so my mind is now trying to go down the list of things that need to be considered. Any help with suggestions, thoughts, opinions appreciated
- Phishbowl (Type 1 since Jan'05 - Levemir, NovoRapid)
"What's Not Measured Is Not Managed"
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows"-Epictetus