My mom was recently diagnosed with epilepsy by a neurologist and was put on tegretol. Last night she had seizure that was all on her right side and her arm was jerking violently and she was really scared. This was the first time she had a visible one, usually it was a slight tremor in the hands or thumbs. Before it was just a twitch in her fingers combined with a headache. We don't feel that she was correctly diagnosed because of other symptoms which don't match up to epilepsy.
- Occasional memory loss (long and short)
- Numbness followed by pain at the base of her skull
- Slurred speech during an episode (but not last night)
- Seizures on the right side
- Confusion (sometimes an inability to repeat what you've said, and even worse when dealing with numbers)
- Instability walking, banging in a corner (misjuding)
- Occasional face droop
Things that have been ruled out:
Tumors/lesions on the brain
She's had mutiple MRI's (neck and brain), CAT scans, blood tests, EKG, EEGs all that was turned up was a B12 difficiency which was treated by injections.
Does anyone have an idea of any other possibilities. (Not a diagnosis, but things to ask the Neurologist about)
She's currently in the hospital awaiting a 24 hour EEG.
She's really scared and I am as well.