I'm in the middle of a dilemma and I thought some of you might be able to provide good feedback or share your experience.
I'm having a very tough time painwise & w/ focus/memory, etc. I made an appt. w/ my rheumatologist, but can't get in until March 11th. I tried to beg his assistant to get me in earlier, but can't - put me on the call if cancellation list.
I'm considering going to my primary care instead, since I can get in probobly today or tomorrow. My concern is, my primary care is not treating me for my fibro. I really want to ask for Adderall, because my lack of focus & fatigue is causing me lots of problems at work and I need it fixed NOW. I am doubtful that either doctor will say yes to it, because of all the illegal use out there, but I want to try anyway.
Sorry - where was I? Oh yes, Do I bypass my rheumatologist and see if my primary care will help me? Do rheumatologists tend to dislike that? Do I wait till March and try to muddle through somehow? I would really prefer to discuss the med options with the rhematolog., but waiting a month will be really difficult.
What would you do? Oh, I'm not currently on any meds.
Fibromyalgia since 2007
"Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live." Robert F. Kennedy
Go ahead and see your Primary Doc. The worse they can do is say "No". Do not live with unneccesary discomfort if there is a possible aid awaiting you. Your Rheumi will be able to further advise you and adjust your meds in March if he does not agree with it.
I commend you for working through the pain and fatigue. This flare sounds like it is wearing you down and you could use some immediate assistance.
Good luck! Get the Meds if you can!!! :)