17) When you get groceries, have all your perishable things put into one or two bags. When you get home, then you only need to get those out of your car immediately. Then you can rest a while before you go back for the canned and bottled goods.
18) Get your clothes dryer elevated. Most manufacturer's sell stands that will do this. That way you don't have to bend over as far when you are taking clothes out of the dryer. It's a real back saver!
19) If you have to get dressed up to go somewhere, start very early. Get your shower, take a rest, do your hair, take a rest....
20) If you live in a home with multiple levels unless you need something urgently from another floor, start a list of things you need from another level before you go up or down.
21) For any one who has nerve damage and/or falls as frequently as I do... keep your cell phone clipped to your pants at all times. Since you're already paying a bill for it, no need to get one of those "Help I've fallen and can't get up" contraptions when the phone will do the same thing.
22) Vacuuming is the hardest chore on your body. If you have a multi level home, have a vacuum for each floor. This is one chore that definitely needs to be divided with rest periods between. Vacuum one room, rest, then do another.
Post Edited (crazykitty) : 10/14/2009 12:20:03 PM (GMT-6)