Hi, I just needed to ask some questions. I know that some of you have went through the treatments and was hoping for some feed back.
I went back to the DR. yesterday and he is really pushing me to do the treatments.
I found out that the Geno type I have is 1a but he said that on a scale of 0 to 16, 0 being the liver as healthy that my score is a 1. He also said that he thinks that me being female and 43
with a pretty low viral count that he feels my chances of clearing the virus are pretty good.
His suggestion to me is either wait two years and start the treatment when he thinks a new drug will be approved by the FDA along with the treatments that are already approved ( the shot and pill)....Or he thinks they are going to be getting to do a trail of the drugs that he thinks will be approved in 2 yrs. He said if I was interested in that it would be totally free. meds, Labs. Dr. visits everything.
I am seriously thinking about doing it but am terrified. He told me that I would have to do the treatments for 48 weeks. And that I would probably feel like I have the flu for most of that time. Yuck
Has anyone on here done treatment and actually cleared the virus?
The only thing that he really seemed real concerned about is that my pottasium and sodium levels were low. I already take a pottasium pill daily because I take BP med with a diuretic. Maybe I need to start eating bananas or something.
Please pray for me to make the right decision and come to the decision soon as its driving me crazy not knowing what to do. Thanks, Soonerfan