I've been approved to do Valeant Infergen. Its not new, just Pegasys x 7, interferon every day + similar higher doses of Ribaviran. Some European studies have shown these high doses to be very effective in eradicating the virus - if the patient completes and lives through the treatment.
I was approved based on the folowing criteria:
- I've done Pegasys twice, was a responder, but did not clear the virus. I'm very famliar with the side effects and am willing to take all the added drugs to combat them. I'm a 1a
- I'm under 50
- I'm weight appropriate (5'4", 130) one can not be overweight as the virus loves fat
- I'm Caucasian
- I'm considered very healthy generally with a great attitude, diet & lifestyle
- I have excellent Drs. I trust & a great support system
- My Drs consider me a warrior
- I'm going to take this chance - if only 20%
- My ins. will cover it (now or never I figure - before they go broke)
- I've talked to 2 people who did it and cleared - still clear after 2 years - they almost died - but it worked
I will have extra counseling assistance from Valeant & an on call person throughout. A few other people at Temple University are doing it too. I have their names & #s so we will have a built in support group. I plan to start before the end of the year. I'm doing Procrit & Neupogen now to build blood cells and ramping up on anti-depressants - doubling my dose. I'm expecting a 48 weeks acid trip - I'll keep you all informed as I can.
Thanks for your ongoing support. You are all wonderful folks & deserve only the best.