Thanks to both of you.
Many thanks, guys.
Thanks, WG and Harp. I think I may request that the MRI be done sooner. I may as well know one way or another so I can deal with it.
John, I think since the hepatologist was not overly concerned, she didn't want to put me through scanning again so soon after my last one. The scan is no problem, but they have a terrible time finding a vein for the IV contrast. This last time, the radiologist had to find a deep vein by means of computer-guided help. But I think I will see if I can get the MRI moved up to next month.
Thanks for your input.
Thanks so much, DeeDee and Dontknow!
The Mayo scheduler called me today with dates for Feb. I was able to get the labs and MRI changed to Dec. 11th. If I know what is going on, I can then deal with it, but not knowing drives me a little bonkers.
It's 12/11, John...unless you reverse things over there and give the day first.
It remains to be seen what effect the new health care reform will have. I have Medicare and some Medicaid. Some are saying that the things Medicare covers will be cut, but we will just have to wait and see on that. Currently, Medicare pays 80% of costs. Medicaid pays my monthly Medicare premium and the premium for my prescription drug plan. Sometimes, they will also pick up other things, like blood work in the hospital.
Will do, Mer. It's good to see you!
Day/month/year her in europe
Thanks for the info, John. Are your taxes high?
Thanks, Dany. I do have cirrhosis, so I'm hoping that's all it is. I read your other post and am glad you are doing well. I hope that you will be able to continue on the Imuran.