Sorry for being graphic and I'm sorry that I have been posting in awhile, I have been reading when I can.
It has been a long summer with no progress. The Dr's say Sierra needs surgery as prednisone is the only thing that keeps her at bay. As soon as she goes off, she goes back into a flare and each time is worse. They say they need to remove a little over a foot at the illeum that is strictured. They won't schedule surgery since we don't have insurance. Her Dr told me when she gets bad to take her to the ER as they can't refuse surgery in an emergency regardless of payment. I don't know where you draw the line? How do you know it's an "emergency" situation? I certainly don't want it to go to far either! I have placed a call to her Dr and am waiting for him to call me back, GRRR -waiting stinks! She has been having excessive diarreah, some blood and pains but I had to pick her up from school this morning because she says the pains feels like she is being staabbed in the lower abdomen and bentyl is not helping. She is vomiting and it is green, which started at school. She doesn't have a fever. I know you all can't tell me medical advice but it seems as if you all offer more information than the Dr's!!!!!
Dx w/UC in 2001 - controlled by diet.
Mother to 15 yr old daughter dx w/CD 9/07- she had surgery for abcesses 11/07. She is taking multi-vit, iron for anemia, bentyl prn, prilosec 20mg-x2, pentasa 500mg-x5, prednisone 10mg-x6, 6 mp 50mg-x3, Flagyl 250mg-x3