I think anything that relaxes a person struggling with IBS would help. Not that I am promoting this activity but I have noticed when I take a long bubble bath and read a fluff book, I almost forget my IBS unless I'm experiencing D. Then the bath is out. Also if I get caught up in a TV show or movie, I forget about it again, for 1 hour, 2 hours. Just enough time to take my mind off my gut. Of course if I am having one of my bad days or the oh so fun dumping effect (kinda what I'm going thru now) pretty much anything other than running to the bathroom every 10 to 15 minutes is out.
But who's to say it wouldn't help.
- Diagnosed with rectal cancer, April 1999 - Stage I, no treatment necessary
(5 hour colon resection: 90% sigmoid removed, 15 inches of colon removed, gall bladder removed, given temporary colostomy)
- Colostomy reversal, June 1999
- Left with IBS/D symptoms, multiple bm's every day
- On a low residue diet at least 75% of the time
- Takes Colace 50 mg each evening
All in all I do okay, I just use the bathroom A LOT! But I survived and beat cancer!