Take someone with you, so they can help you remember every single thing your doctor says (docs tend to gloss over advice, quickly).
Also take a notebook along and write it all down. Or even record the visit (although a doctor might find this odd....).
I know nothing about Crohn's either so I don't feel at all qualified to give out advice on diet, etc.
- Diagnosed with rectal cancer, April 1999 - Stage I, no treatment necessary
(5 hour colon resection: 90% sigmoid removed, 15 inches of colon removed, gall bladder removed, given temporary colostomy)
- Colostomy reversal, June 1999
- Left with IBS/D symptoms, multiple bm's every day
- On a low residue diet at least 75% of the time
- Takes Colace 50 mg each evening
All in all I do okay, I just use the bathroom A LOT! But I survived and beat cancer!