I just performed online searches and tried to find links that I know must be long-gone. This was 10 years ago!
Here's one from the Mayo Clinic:
But you are correct, after some google searches I can't find anything like I found 10 years ago. What I found was a specific LRD/foods guide. It broke the diet down to produce, grains, meats, dairy.
If I had to provide a typical list of what I eat it would be:
- White bread (not Wonder, but Sara Lee or your local bakery white bread)
- Plain english muffins (Bay's) or plain bagels
- White rice
- Cottage cheese
- Plain cereals (Cheerios, Fruit Loops, Rice K., Special K, Corn Flakes)
- Salads made with iceberg lettuce. You can add minimal veggies such as shredded carrot, sliced celery, etc. Avoid salads with baby greens, nuts, seeds, dried fruit.
- Bananas (I eat one daily)
- Canned fruits (peaches, pears, buy the small can sizes with pull top tabs, this serving size is ideal, not the size children pack in lunches, it's in between that size and the large 15 oz can size)
- Canned or frozen vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans) Over time, you can have fresh cooked vegetables but in the beginning I ate only canned or frozen.
- Potatoes, mashed or baked. Plain instant mashed potatoes are VERY soothing to a touchy gut. Don't ask me why but they are. I add more water/milk to make them creamier
- Plain noodles or pasta - buttered noodles, mac and cheese, etc.
- Baked chicken, turkey, white fish, salmon
On occasion I had a small portion of candy or 1
cookie (in the beginning). But overall you want to stay away from nuts, seeds, chocolate, candy, etc.
Sherbert is good though. If you're missing something sweet in your diet.
I wish I could help you more than I have. I can't seem to find a link for what I read years ago. It was very specific. Some of these links can be vague.
Wishing you better days ahead.
- Rectal Cancer 4/29/99, Stage I, no treatment necessary
(5 hour colon resection: 90% sigmoid removed, 15 inches of colon removed, gall bladder removed, temporary colostomy, reversed 8 weeks later)
- Chronic IBS/D symptoms, multiple bm's, on low residue diet
- Takes Colace 50 mg each evening
Post Edited (Marsky) : 12/11/2009 10:21:41 AM (GMT-7)