Thank you so much everyone for posting your experiences here, it has helped me tremendously!
I was experiencing painful episodes almost every night. After taking some tips from you all and a couple things that I knew was triggering it, here is what helped me....
1. Metamucil faithfully, 2 times a day, no matter what.
2. Cut back on coffee, I only have it in the mornings. NO Starbucks!
3. Cut out all soda pop (I cheat occasionally)
4. Drink more water
5. Try to head it off at the pass, at first sign of symptoms, or if I have to eat fast food, I take a Pepcid
6. If I get symptoms, I use a heating pad, take Tums and the above and drink milk and or water. (Milk works for me, I don't know why)
I am so grateful to you, I can't tell you how it has changed my life!!!!! THANK YOU everyone. I hope this helps someone, I know we are all different, but maybe some of it will help somebody else.
Take care, and keep trying, I wish you all well.