<<Gets pretty boring when you are afraid to leave for being in fear that you will mess yourself up. I've given up on my GP as I feel that I am more or less a gennia pig. Most of the time the medications make me feel worse and weak. >>
Honey, don't feel that you are alone on feeling like that. There are a lot of people on here who are afraid to leave their homes because they are afraid they might mess themselves. Some people even carry "kits" in their cars with a clean pair of pants, underwear, disinfecting wipes and large plastic zipper bags. Some even carry clean underwear, a plastic baggie and wipes in their purse.
Since you already don't have control of your bowels, have you ever considered a colostomy? For most people that's the end of the line, the last thing they want, but it looks to me like it would be easier for you to take care of and clean up the colostomy bag. It would also seem to solve the problem of having diarrhea, as it would go straight into the bag without messing you up. I assume you have to wear a diaper now and that the diarrhea has been so bad that it's running out of that?
What other symptoms do you have--pain, nausea, gas? What sort of meds have you been put on? There's a lot of great information on here: stuff people have read about online, stuff that they've heard about from doctors, stuff they've tried on themselves. I find that this is better than any one doctor's clinic for getting information on what might be wrong with you, and, more importantly, how you might make yourself better. Here is where I found out about calcium and fixed a major problem I was having (all the doctor I saw seemed to be able to do was order a colonoscopy--which was pointless since I had no symptoms of an IBD--the only thing that would have shown up on one).
Like I said, you're not the only one that feels like a guinea pig. Someone on here--Sir Matt, I think--said that someone had told him that doctors understand 40% of the human body and guess about the other 60%. I think that sounds about right! I told someone else that when it comes to IBS, everything is an experiment, and that I'd rather experiment on myself and skip the doctors, as at least I have my best interests at heart.